Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Hard earned lessons...

Ran for about 50 minutes yesterday. Ran for 3, walked for 2, 10 times, and my left shin started killing me after about the 6th rep. So, I completed the rest of the workout in pain. Everytime I am in good running shape (twice now), I vow not to stop, because it is so hard to get to where I was. And then, just like that, something happens (get laid off etc etc), I completely lose motivation and lose all that hard-earned fitness. This becomes obvious only during the long climb back to some kind of running shape.

For me running shape is defined as the ability to do a half-marathon at the drop of a hat. This time around, I swear to take it slow, not overdo it and progress in stages. By stages I mean, I will first do 10Ks and when I am decent at it, I will start training for a half. I would really like to start running marathons again.

TV is a time sucker. Duh! I have noticed that the more I watch TV, the less time I have for other stuff. I sleep later at night, wakeup exhausted, and constantly suffer because of my habits. I don't read much, all my chores stagnate, and I become terrible. Time to change them. Easier said than done?

No comments: