Sunday, October 09, 2005

The new Wallace and Gromit rocks.

I saw the "Curse of the Were-Rabbit" recently (October 8th) and it rocks. I have been anticipating this movie ever since it was announced, and I went the day after it was announced, being a big fan of the lovable-but-not-so-smart Wallace and the mute-but-supremely-intelligent dog, Gromit.

Nick Park, as is usual, sets up a very humorous situation for Wallace and Gromit: the owners of a business that protects the "belongings" of the residents of their town. The movie itself is a fascinating combination of excellent claynimation, drama, suspense and memorable characters and scenes, which is sure to bring a smile to the lips of a lot of people.

I enjoyed it immensely, particularly the subtle comedy that several of the earlier offerings of Mr. Park made famous. ("Call me Tottie", for instance). The kids will love the characters, and the adults will love the animation and the subtle comedy that is bound to go over kids' heads.

I highly recommend it!

No comments: